Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Welcome Back Abuelos

My parents just got back from their 18 month mission in Guatemala. They spent the majority of their time doing dental work on orphans and missionaries. They worked really hard and we were so glad to have them back with us. I always joke that I lived in Gilbert for 10 years and when I finally got to Mesa to be closer to my mom (I know 20 minutes), they moved to Guatemala. Should I be offended? We all went to the airport with signs and balloons and had a great welcoming party. We missed you and love you.








My mom met Amelia once when she was 3 months old but this was my dads first introduction.





Some of the cousins chillin...






The excited little girls. They couldn't stop moving.































Enjoying eachother back at Grandpa and Grandmas house.






3 comments:

Sidney said...

wasn't it just yesterday you kids were all little (like your kids) waiting for Granpa & Nita to get back from a mission. Love visiting your blog. I marvel at all you do with your cute family,

Lark said...

so fun to see pictures of the airport reunion! Can't wait to see everyone soon...are you guys going to be at the cabin for Thanksgiving?

The Fillmore Family said...

That was so great! It makes me remember all over again how fun and great and wonderful it was to walk into that crowd. Thanks for making it so special. We will never forget the welcome. I need to get your pictures to put on my farewell to Guatemala--welcome to Arizona blog. I'm so glad you took pictures. Love, Mom