Sunday, February 27, 2011

Showstoppers & Clara's first competition

Clara had her first dance competition on Saturday and I can say I think she loved every second of it. We were there from 8 am until 10pm and it was long. The little girls get so much attention from the bigger girls who they look up to. I think Clara is a little rock star. She did so good and had so much fun. By her last number she was so tired she forgot some of her dance...darn--she knew it perfect. But these little ones are tired at 7:30.


Susanna in her Tea Party costume. She is really learning how to ham it up. These two friends are 12 already...she is so tall---almost 10.

This is their lyrical dance...snow white. Not very difficult but so sweet.
All of her numbers placed in the top 10 which was great.


Clara is the star of her dances. She knows them so well, and she is still little enough she gets to be front center. Here she is after they one first overall for Bushel and a peck. They got 4th overall for their lyrical which she does with even 10 year olds. How fun are these pink trophies. (They got little medals to keep)

Bushel and a Peck
Here she is with one of her best little friends at dance...Skylar. They are a lot alike and phenomenal tappers. They have moved up and get to be in two tap dances this year. Skylar is a cute girl and they have had lots of fun together.

This is Ivy...a cute little girl in Susanna's class. They carry Clara around and treat her so great. I really love it since Clara and Susanna have not been getting along great. It makes Clara feel really special and loved and helps me point out to Susanna that Clara is pretty cool to other people and she should love her sister more. We are still hoping.

Here is Cold Hearted Snake right before they went on at 7:30. They were so tired and some of these little ones are only 5. They were super cute and it was the first competition for all of them. They got 4th overall in the top 10 also.

4 comments:

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

WOW! Sounds like an awesome experience for them. youa er such a great mom.

Emily Widdison said...

I can't believe how competitive it is! I thought anyone who paid money could dance in a dance, but it doesn't sound like it at all! I wish I could see those talented nieces of mine in action! I bet they are awesome!!

The Fillmore Family said...

I like the tea party costumes without the bare midrif the best. Those are great pictures you took. I wish I could have seen them dance. Love, Mom

Marissa Madsen said...

I have a love hate relationship with dance. Loved watching my girls perform but I aways wished it was more for performance than competitions. I hope some day these girls of ours realize just how much time and money went into their wonderful memories of dance. I'm tired for you Annie you have a full plate.