Friday, February 18, 2011

Eliza's new room

A year and a half ago I broke my shoulder. Eliza was still in her crib but I couldn't lift her out. So she permanantly moved into our bed. (not that she wasn't there half the time anyway). Her pillow is there all the time and that is where she sleeps, every single night. This last week, she finally decided to move out into her own room. Here it is.

She arranges all of her blankets and pillows and dolls, and climbs right in. She makes me zip it all the way up and goes right to sleep.

Never mind that it is really still in our room, and only a few feet away from our actual bed. We are in heaven and love it. She zips herself in and we don't see her until morning. We have tried moving her into her bed many many times only to wake up in the middle of the night with her standing at my bedside waiting for a lift up. But so far, no middle of the night surprises...she has stayed in her "room".


For the past week this is what she looks like before she goes to sleep. I mean could she be any happier to be going to bed?


AND...this is how she wakes up. She has made it through the whole night. We are getting much older and on the road. Don't get too excited for us because we still have little Amelia to snuggle with. At least she starts out in her bed. Which by the way is in the other corner of our bedroom. Can you believe we have six kids. Clint can't.



3 comments:

The Fillmore Family said...

Very, very cute but I just have to say, YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!
Love, Mom

Anne said...

And just as an update...she snuck into our bed again last night...ugh.

Emily Widdison said...

I'm so glad you are back to blogging! Awesome eagle project for Justin. and I WAS going to say I am so proud of Eliza (and you) for moving her out of your bed...but I read your update:) SO I will just smile and laugh instead. LOVE The tent. Can I sleep with you Eliza???