Sunday, June 20, 2010

All the other important happenings around here

So, of course little Amelia trumps all other news in this house and we are completely in love with her. But, there are some other things happening around here. Here are a few:


NATHAN'S BIG NEWS...Okay for most this isn't that exciting but for this 11 year old, this is HUGE. This is my Nathan, the one I have known since he was 2 years old. I think he is adorable an can not picture him any other way.


But, for the past two years, he has been begging us for a change. So, a switch in doctors and we got the green light for his big change.

This kid got CONTACTS. He doesn't get to wear them all the time because of so much swimming in the summer but he is a pro. The doctor said he had never had someone get them in and out so easily. He loves them and is excited about the change. I am just a little sad. He is growing up way too fast and I loved how his glasses kind of magnified his eyes and made them look bigger. He is still working on a little bit of a lazy eye but he is one excited young man.


CLARA TURNS 6. She had a hawaiin party complete with the limbo, swimming, slushes, and tons and tons of friends. Just of few of her cousins here...Sadie, Annie, and Betsy Jones

The boys at the party, they stayed off the girl trampoline.
The girls at the party. I thought it was funny how they just kind of segregated themselves. I guess cooties start early. She had a blast and thanks for all the help from great sisters and sister in laws.

SWIM TEAM season started. I knew this would be the only meet I went to so we had a family affair at the freestyle meet. (I went into labor that night). This is Clara's first year and I think she may be my only child that has an aggressive streak. She loved every minute of it and even got 2 first places at the backstroke meet the next week.


Swimmers take your mark...


Just after touching the wall. Big Breath.

You would never know this little girl hates every minute of it. She usually only goes to one meet a year but I love that my kids get up and get going on summer mornings so this mean mom makes them do it. she ditched out on backstroke.

Nathan has to swim at 7 am and is now in the group that has to swim two laps and do flip turns. He is doing great and has fun riding his bike with all of his friends. I am really proud of him.

3 comments:

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

I remember when Nathan got his glasses and you were so upset. People would say, "Isn't he cute with those little glasses on?" and you'd be irked, "He is cute without the glasses too!" What sweet kids you've got. So blessed.

Emily Widdison said...

fun update...glad I got to be there for these exciting events:) So happy you had your baby while I was there! Thanks! I keep wanting to call you and then something happens like a kid throws up...that is what we had to deal with for the last couple of days with Luke. I hope the other kids don't get it. I talked to mom tonight and dad told me to stop talking about how cute Amelia was because I was going to make her cry:(. She is soooo cute though! Need more pictures please!!! miss you!

The Fillmore Family said...

Oh, I so loved that update. Way to go Nathan. I was terrible about getting contacts in. I gave up. Congratulations on the swimming. I am so proud of you for sticking with it. Hey Clara, what a lot of friends you have. That looked like so much fun . Congratulations on the swimming. Way to go Susanna. What a cut e swimming suit! Love, Grandma