Saturday, April 17, 2010

Meet Nixon

This is Nixon or (mixon if you are Eliza). We picked it up early this afternoon and the kids haven't left it's side since. Which is good because it definitely misses its mom and siblings. It wants them to be with it all the time. I am hoping we can figure out how to train this dog quickly. Hopefully it will be like everyone says and I will fall in love with it too...time with tell but to see Susanna not freaking out has probably been worth it.

7 weeks old. The proud owner...Nathan saved his Birthday money, Christmas money and allowance money to buy this with his own money. (thanks Browns for charging us a great price...feel just a little guilty but appreciate it tons)
I wish puppies stayed this soft and cute all the time. Jack our dog loving cousin came over a couple times to check out the puppy. I think he was remember when his big dog Rocky was this small.


What a change. This girl would not ever go play at her friends houses if they had a dog. Now she wants to hold and pet it constantly and loves it. She brought tons of friends over to show it off.

Clara once again is my early sleeper and didn't make it long enough for pictures but she loves it too. I will post one of her so she is not left out later. Eliza calls it her puppy and wants to be with it too. She is fetching the puppy toys and climbing in its bed. I may have two puppies for awhile. And soon, I will have to train her to not put yucky puppy toys in her mouth. These are still pre-puppy chewed.
How happy is she?

Eliza our other puppy.
So...if I have a few stressful blogs, you will know why. I told Nathan he has 8 weeks to whip this puppy into shape before we add a real baby to the mix. EEEK.






12 comments:

The Fillmore Family said...

Oh, it is an extra cute one. You will fall in love with it too. Good for Susanna. Is Nathan getting some good advice from someone who knows about training puppies so that he can be consistent instead of confusing? Some people just seem to know how to train puppies so they are pleasant to live with. I'm not one of them. Good luck. I'll be waiting to hear how it goes. Love, Mom/Grandma Way to go Nathan!

The Fillmore Family said...

So I just read the name??? How did it get the name of Nixon? Not a very popular president! Is it a boy? Is it the one he wanted? I couldn't figure out the name Mugsy though and later found out it was named after a basketball player. So what is the story on the name?

Anne said...

Nathan came up with the name with his friend even before he got a puppy. Clint was really lobbying for "Kansas" Eliza like Nixon and started calling it that so it stuck. we are not a big make a list of names family. One choice and it was fine. I don't even think he knows about President Nixon.

Emily Widdison said...

I"m going to call him Nix or Nixie for short. I'll tell my boys it can be their puppy long distance.
He is very cute!

Lark said...

Congratulations!!!!! Hehe.
Looks like they all love him - Nathan will be a great dog owner!

Lisa said...

Your kids are looking so grown up in these pictures. Maybe its because of the one at the top. These pictures are great. I just spent way to much time catching up. I wish we lived closer so we could see each other more often. Only some of them ate the soup. should've made toasted cheese.

Elizabeth said...

Okay, you seriously are Wonder Woman. You let your kids get a puppy, eight weeks before giving birth to your sixth child. Wow.

He is darling. I'm sure the kids are loving every second with him. Congrats on the newest family member - and good luck!

jandbfillmore said...

Congrats to everybody! It's a good thing Nathan has saved up his money so everyone can enjoy little Nixon. Cedric can't wait to meet him... how's the training coming along?

Like Elizabeth said, you are amazing!

kristen said...

Oh good luck. We just got a puppy too, he's so sweet but bugging me a little. He chews (bites, draws blood, etc...) on everything. He had chewed up my base boards and carpet. I think I need puppy kindergarten. He is a sweet heart though and I'm told puppies chew until they loose their baby teeth, that I guess kind of hurt/bother them. You are brave with a new baby coming too, I think having a puppy is kind of like having a toddler that won't potty train or wear a diaper :) I'm sure you will fall in love though, I kind of am starting to.

Susanna said...

oh boy! good thing he's cute and that you have puppy loving relatives close by. your saving grace is that you can pawn the training off on older kids. let's hope he's faster than reggie was at learning where to leave his presents :)

but hooray for curing the fear of dogs and after all the training stuff is over, you'll be glad your kids have a dog.

i hope you're feeling well. can't wait to see the real baby!

kristen said...

You are so crazy getting up 4 times a night!! Are you crate training him?? I am, and it's the best thing ever!! I never get up in the night, and he doesn't pee where he sleeps. I let him out all day long every hour or so all day long and if the weather here is nice enough I'll leave him outside for a few hrs. at a time. So far he's not having very many accidents (only when the girls forget to put him out), and we have a fenced off area that he can be in...only! Anyway, I'm anxious to hear how it's going!! Good luck! What kind of dog is Nixon??

Smithfamily said...

I miss your sweet kids so much!!!