
Okay, I totally admit it--I am currently in total denial. Anyone that knows my parents know they frequently disappear on extended trips to do dental work where I can't reach them for a couple of weeks at a time. Everyone keeps asking me how I am doing and if I am sad. Well, so far I am just "pretending" they are on a little dental trip. I still go by their house almost every day to check the mail, or take out a trash can, or get a birthday card so I am just doing business as usual. People keep asking if it will be hard when the baby comes. Anyone that knows me knows I don't really accept too much help and will be just fine--physically. But number 4 and 5 speed dial on my cell phone has really been neglected. I know I need to erase number five since they got rid of that number forever. But, who do I call 10 times a day now to say stupid things or who do I text my sarcastic remarks too? Did you know last year I made my dad come over and kill a scorpion for me? It is starting to settle in and it is a good thing they are off doing something good because my 2 year old complex (that is all my moms fault) is starting to hit.




2 comments:
Darling pictures of your kid's good looking grandparents. Tell Lisa I wish I had been there to see her. I miss the phone calls and visits. We are in survival mode right now trying to figure out what to buy to eat, how to get around in the city, how to get our exercise in, etc. Thanks for keeping us updated and doing all our chores. How am I going to tell if I gain weight. I have no scale. Love, Mom
you call me I'd get your sarcastic remarks. Seriously You call me when you need something. I feel close enough to you that when I'm old I would call you to change my bed pan.
Post a Comment