Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Programs

I love kindergarten Christmas programs. They are always short, all the kids are so excited to show off their skills and the words they hear in their heads and repeat in their songs are priceless. The class sang about 4 songs and Rudolph loves to play games like ponopoly.

Clara with two of her friends Avery and Camille
She was very serious before they started singing.
Have you ever seen a cuter Rudolph?

After the program, each child got to have one parent stay and help them create these amazing masterpieces. We had fun together deciding what to put on her house and laughing about how Eliza was going to sneak all the candy off when we got home. (which she did)
Then, the Monday before Christmas we get together with all the Fillmore cousins and Grandma and Grandpas house for a great "picnic" dinner, a nativity program, and other surprises from Grandma and Grandpa. How will we survive the next two years without them? We have a lot of fun but it definitely is a little bit of motley crew. I didn't get great pictures this year.
The little angels. We lost a few crowns this year.


Susanna loves being the star every year and there are lots of kings, even Burger King ones.

Then, Grandma read a Christmas story about the missing baby Jesus and gave each family the book and their own little baby Jesus. Eliza thought it was great. I don't know what her part was but she was happy to have that little scrap of material tied around her shoulders.

Grandma and Grandpa have given the grandkids an ornament each year for many years. I know it is a stressful endeavor espescially when there are no cute ones to be found. This year she gave everyone little birds in honor of their Great Grandma who loves birds.

Dad leading us in Silent night. He worked hard and getting us all singing.

We have had a lot of fun with some of our fun Christmas activities.

3 comments:

The Fillmore Family said...

I thought your pictures were great! They are the only ones I have seen so far of that night! Love, Mom

Sidney said...

Oh how fun you blog! Now I can peek into your life whenever I want!

Elizabeth said...

I hear #6 is on the way... Congratulations to you all! Your kids are so cute, you should shoot for at least a dozen.

What are the details? When are you due? I hope you are feeling well. You look great in your Christmas pictures. Congrats again.

Love, Elizabeth

PS... Abby has something to send to Susanna. When I get organized I'll get to the post office and send it your way.